Process for Hiring
What is our general process for hiring people.
- Team hiring manager (technology, design, traction) identifies needs
- Studio hiring manager collects needs
- Talent Spotter refines profile and writes and publishes opening
- Candidates are screened by Studio Hiring Manager
- Promising candidates talk to Studio Hiring Manager and Team Hiring Manager
- Next round is meeting other members of the core team, who give their input
- Final call is up to Studio and Team Hiring Manager
- Diverse teams build better products; does this person add to our diversity?
- Hire people smarter than yourself; what can we learn from this person
- Don't hire assholes or bitches; does this person have good karma?
- We post all open positions to our Homerun website
- The open application & intern position vacancies are also posted here.
What happens after we hire someone.
- Informal introduction at studio + team (Arnoud + direct lead) Upon arrival at Treehouse
- Informal lunch at B to "break the ice"
- Setup all accounts as outlined in the Tools section
- Backspace introductional Keynote (Arnoud + direct lead)
- Buy Bonsai tree, and official hand-out at signing (Treehouse officer) Signing contracts; make photo's! (Arnoud + Roy)
- Tips & Tricks in Amsterdam
- Share first week schedule; at introduction meeting
- Create joined first-month-plan; may take a few days (direct lead) Create joined quarterly-plan; may take a few months (direct lead) Share Happiness program (direct lead / Treehouse Officer)
- Invite for other meetings; monday tacticals, etc (direct lead / Treehouse Officer)
- Plan dinner in Amsterdam (direct lead / Treehouse Officer)
- studio history + model (mindmap)
- build flow + status + KPIs
- ventures + teams + status
- culture, principles, rituals
- team, skills, holacracy, freelancers
- operational, treehouse, meetings, admin
- community; studio friends, B. Amsterdam
- communication; apps, rituals, circles
- what else?